Archive for January, 2015

Moving Acer eRecovery to a new Harddisk

Saturday, January 24th, 2015

I was asked if I could analyze a defective Acer Notebook that took hours to boot or to reinstall Windows and fix the problem. As it turned out, the harddisk was defective as I was able to verify in an external enclosure. The disk had an approx. transfer-Rate from 1-2MB/s, so veeeeery slow. When the […]

Reconstruction of (Psiloc Irremote)

Monday, January 5th, 2015

Motivation As written in a previous blog post, I recently had to swap a defective HDD of a Pioneer DVR recorder. After some reading in the Internet, I found out that a user needs to have a special “Service Remote” to swap a HDD. I finally fixed this problem by using the IrDA interface of […]